Easy Pumpkin Soup
Easy Pumpkin Soup is a thick and creamy pumpkin soup. It is simple and easy to make since you use canned pumpkin puree!
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Large yellow onions sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp Salt we love Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- 2 15oz Cans pumpkin puree
- 2 c Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 c Water
- ½ c Heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the pan and cook stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the onions and stir constantly for one minute.
- Add ¼ cup of the chicken stock and use wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, water and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup. Alternative, you may use a blender just break the soup up into 3 batches.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup. Serve immediately with warm bread if desired.
- Knife, Large Stock Pot, Spoon, Cutting Board, Large Sauce Pan
- 3 lbs tomatoes
- ½ c finely diced white onions
- 2½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Bring a large stock pot of water to boil, and blanch the tomatoes a few at a time, until the peel loosens (about 1 min). Transfer immediately to an ice bath to cool, and peel carefully. Remove the cores and dice.
- Place the diced tomatoes in a large sauce pan with the rest of the ingredients, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the temperature to medium, keeping a slow simmer going.
- Cook for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally and adjusting heat as needed, until the mixture is thick and syrupy. Remove from heat and transfer to a container to cool.
- Serve at room temperature, or store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1¼ tsp ground fresh ginger
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp honey or to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup hot water
- Prepare all ingredients and put in a jar. Shake and store in the refrigerator.
Gluten Free Blueberry Scones
- 9in round baking pan, large bowl, wooden spoon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9in round baking pan with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl combine the egg, sugar and coconut oil. Add remainder of ingredients except blueberries and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in blueberries, use hands if needed. Press batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle some grated lemon rind over top (optional). Bake about 30 minutes and cool for at least 15minutes. Cut into 8 pieces. ENJOY!!!!
Quick Basic Hummus
Freedom to use your own favorite spices
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Put all above ingredients in blender and add salt, pepper, turmeric, chili powder to taste. Serve cold with a small puddle of olive oil on top. Serve with cold crisp veggies or chips or as a spread on bread. ENJOY!!
Pancakes with a punch of protein, dairy free
- Large bowl, medium bowl, whisk, spoon, fry pan
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or honey
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice optional
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries optional
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl combine egg, milk alternative, sweetener, oil.
- Lightly oil fry pan and spoon 1/4 cup pancake batter onto hot pan until brown then flip and repeat. ENJOY!!
This is the best!!
- 1 slice toast
- 1 avocado
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Toast your favorite bread. Carefully cut avocado in half and remove pit. Slice avocado. Place avocado slices on toast. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Add a dash of Tabasco sauce if you like!!
- large pot
- 1 Organic Whole Chicken
- good salt
- 1. Place whole chicken in large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn the temp down to a simmer and cook for 1½ to 2 hours.
- 2. Remove from pot and let cool enough to remove meat from bones.
- 3. Place chicken meat in a bowl and sprinkle with good salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Put all bones and skin back in pot with remaining broth fill with a bit more water depending on pot size. Simmer for 15-24 hours adding water as needed.
- 5. Remove the bones from broth. I usually blend the bones in a blender for my dogs. You may discard or add on top of your pets kibble. ENJOY!!
Grilled Salmon with Apple Fennel Salad
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- olive oil as needed
- celtic sea salt to taste
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fennel greens
Apple Fennel Salad
- 1 green apple sliced
- 12 oz mixed greens
- 1 sliced fennel root
- Grill salmon until flaky and not opaque. You may add any of these ingredients to taste in what ever combo you desire. Fresh garlic, dried dill weed, celtic sea salt, little red pepper or little honey, celtic sea salt, sprinkle of clove.
- Put in a bowl and whisk all together or you may use a bottle and shake it. Save for later. Salt and pepper to taste.
Apple Fennel Salad
- Slice green apple and fennel and add to mixed greens. Toss together and add dressing just before you serve. ENJOY!!